- Oconomowoc, WI
Homegrown Farms, located on the Genesee Lake School campus, has integrated with the school and it's activities. The farm grows fresh organic vegetables for the school kitchen, and raises chickens and goats for an overall farm and educational experience for the students. In addition to growing in the field, we use Aquaponics & Hydroponics, a responsible and sustainable method to farming, allowing us to provide year-round food production.
We are now hiring a part-time seasonal Field Assistant. We are looking to have this position work 4-5 days each week including Monday and Tuesday and an occasional weekend day with the remaining hours offering more flexibility. Each shift is approximately 6-8 hours but will vary depending on the season and weather. The wage is $15/hour.
- Works closely alongside the Field Manager to ensure daily and weekly field production goals are met.
- Assists in the completion of seasonal field tasks including but not limited to seeding, transplanting, bed prepping, weeding, harvesting, watering, trellising, and pruning.
- Safely and appropriately use/operate field tools and equipment as necessary to complete tasks.
- Safely cleans and handles field produce while preparing kitchen and group home deliveries (i.e. washing, rinsing, sorting, and packing a variety of vegetables).
- Safely uses company vehicle to make deliveries.
- Determines and communicates problems or concerns regarding farm/field operations should they arise.
- Must be at least 21.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in general, basic maintenance and/or landscaping/gardening preferred.
- 1-2 years working with organic systems or mixed vegetable production preferred.
- Knowledge of pests and diseases that affect organic systems preferred. Previous experience working manual labor positions preferred.
- Must have a valid WI driver's license with an acceptable driving record per company policy.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job including but not limited to bending, twisting, reaching, lifting, standing, squatting, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.